chapter one of my book the title is: Once Upon a Secret

E
Chapter 1 The things you should know about me by Gingie Pascal #1 I like making random lists #2 I am 12 years old. My little sister is 5 #3 My favorite color is Orange #4 I like drawing #5 I love hanging out with my best friend Addie #6 Foxes are my absolute favorite animal ever in the world #7 Reading is sometimes difficult for me. I like Science better #9 I have a special orange sparkly notebook with a fox on it were I keep all my secret thoughts #10 I have a secret I don’t know if I should tell anybody Gingie closed her orange sparkly notebook and stroked the cover. She liked the way the sparkles felt. she tucked the notebook in the drawer underneath her desk and piled some papers on top. Then closed the drawer. she pushed her wheely chair away from her desk and then hopped on her bed. Since her desk and bed were so close only about a few feet away she could jump from one to the other if she jumped super high. She landed with a FWUMP on her salmon bedding in a pile of stuffed animals. Most of them foxes, coyotes, dogs, and wolves. Gingie LOVES Animals in the dog family. “Lunch time!!!!!” Yelled Vivi Gingie’s little sister running into the room. “Oomph!” exclaimed Gingie as Vivi landed on her stomach. “Oops sowwy” Vivi said. “Your good...” Gingie said wincing. Vivi ran out of the room giggling. Gingie followed her out to the kitchen table where plates of leftover orange chicken sat. She climbed onto a chair and started eating quickly wanting to visit Sage the girl across the hallway in the other apartment. Her and Sage were close friends since they had lived across the hall from each other almost their whole lives. When she was done she brought her plate to the sink and yelled “Mom I’m going across the hall!” From somewhere in the apartment, her mom yelled back, “Ok honey! Be back by 3:00! You have your art camp!” “Yes Mom!” She yelled back. Gingie skipped across the hallway and knocked on Sage’s door. Sage almost immediately came to the door. “Gingie! Hi!” She exclaimed. she pulled her into the apartment and led her to her bedroom. In her room, Sage plopped onto her bed and motioned for Gingie to come sit next to her. Gingie plopped down onto the light green pastel bedding suddenly very hot. She could feel her cheeks flushing. What was wrong was she sick? When she looked over at Sage who was talking about a video she saw, her stomach did flip flops. What was wrong with her? “So, whats been going on with you?” Sage asked. “Huh? Oh, nothing much. I have my art camp again t-today.” Why was she stuttering now? “Oh that’s so cool! I always love seeing your art!” Sage responded enthusiastically. Gingie flushed. AUGH WHAT WAS WRONG?!?! “Yeah thanks.” She responded. “You okay? You look flushed.” Sage said. “I’m fine! all good all good.” Gingie said. “Oop look at the time! I gotta go, I’m going to be late for art camp!” Gingie said pretending to look at her watch. “Oh ok.” Sage said. “You go then!” Gingie smiled at her encouragement and felt bad leaving. “Kay, thanks bye!” Gingie said. “Bye!” Gingie rushed out as quickly as she could. “Back so soon?” her mom said as Gingie entered the apartment. “Um, yeah. Sage had to...Finish a... Project for erm... Lily’s...tea party? Yeah that.” Lily was Sage’s little sister. “Ok. Honey that’s fine. Well now that you’re here, can you pack your bag for your art camp?” Her mom asked. “Sure. Sure.” Gingie responded. She walked into her room and pulled out her crossbody bag. It had multiple pins and keychains on it and was salmon, orange, and pink. She stuffed a sketchbook, pencils, colored pencils markers a small watercolor set, 3 paintbrushes, and a few blenders in her pencil case then stuffed the pencil case in her bag. She took a bag of pretzels and some fruit snacks and put those in her bag too. Finally, she put in a mini pop-it, a mini squishy and a mochi. Her and some camp friends liked those. She zipped up her bag and hung it on her door. She was going to change for camp. She chose a big baggy t shirt with her favorite band on it, a pair of ripped jean shorts, and her long neon pink striped socks. She would wear her converse with it. She slung her bag over her shoulder and went out the door. “Mom! Let’s go! I’m going to be late!” She called. “Ok honey I’m coming!” Gingie waited impatiently by the door as her mom got her purse off the hook and put her shoes on. It seemed like her mom was taking forever. End of chapter one EDIT: This is not about me yallz Gingie is a fictional character i made up. She is based off of a younger me :)
+4
Replies 10

Please Log In or Sign Up to comment on this thread.