Chapters 4, 5, and 6 of my book

E
i did all three of these becuase they are all pretty short. Enjoy! Chapter 4 Gingie led Sage to her room her heart thumping nervously. When they entered into the room, the only thing Gingie felt she could do was sit on her bed stroking one of her stuffed animals. A coyote named Knox. He was one of her most loved and used plushies. Sage sat awkwardly on Gingie’s salmon orange beanbag. “So, can we talk about earlier? You were acting a bit weird.” Sage asked. “Yeah. I know. I’m sorry.” Gingie said. “I was just stressed I think.” Gingie said. Sage took a highland cow Douglas plushie from Gingie’s bed and stroked it lovingly. “What could you possibly have been stressed about?” She asked sadly. “Do you not like hanging out with me anymore?” She asked quietly. “No! I do!” Gingie insisted. “I promise!” “Ok...” said Sage. “Gingie, I have something else to tell you.” Sage said. “It may or may not make you not like me.” “No. Nothing could ever make me not like you.” Gingie said. “Ever.” “Ok.” said Sage, taking a deep breath. “Gingie, I’m lesbian.” What. The. Actual. Frick. Chapter 5 What the heck??? Sage sat on the beanbag holding the highland cow plushie, blushing. “You hate me now. Don’t you?” Sage asked sadly. “No! Never!” Gingie said. “I’m just...” Gingie trailed off. “Just...” Sage looked down. Tears in her eyes. “Girls! Time for dinner!” Gingie’s mom called. Sage swiped at her eyes. The tears gone. The girls headed to the dining room and sat next to each other. Even after the awkwardness, neither of them wanted their moms to bombard them with stupid questions when they got home. Gingie put a helping of pasta, put a few meatballs on top, took a piece of garlic bread, and scooped some Caesar salad onto her plate. She may feel hot and tingly, but she. Was. Hungry. She took a bite of the garlic bread and sat in silence as her mom and Nora chatted it up. After dinner when everyone was helping clean up, the dishes clattered and the sink was on. Of course, Gingie’s mom decided to let them stay longer, and of course, Nora accepted. That means, Gingie and Sage have to go to Gingie’s room again and pretend nothing is going on. Gingie wants to figure out why she feels the way she does about sage. Gingie finally decide...to ask her. When they get to her room, Gingie asks Sage a very scary question. “Sage?” “Yes?” “There is something I have been wanting to ask you for a while.” “Shoot.” “Well, lately I have had a secret and a question at the same time. One of them is...” “Is what?” “Is...” “WHAT?!?! COME ON GINGIE TELL ME!” “I....may or may not like girls too.” An uncomfortable silence fills the room. “Cool.” “Cool?” “Yeah. What’s your question.” “Wel...um...I’ve been wondering lately...Why I’ve felt the way I do around you. My cheeks get hot...and and.... my stomach flutters. I want to be around you all the time. When I look at you, I-I feel.... weird.” “Well, sounds like...” “What?” “You might have a crush on me.’ Gingie’s stomach flips and flops over and over again. Sage sits on the bed next to Gingie looking curiously at her. “I might have a crush on you too.” Gingie’s face flushed, her stomach flopped, her fingers felt tingly, and she felt lightheaded. “I-I need some time to think about it.” Gingie said nervously. “That’s alright.” Sage said. “But think about how you feel when I do this.” Sage leaned over and kissed Gingie lightly on the cheek. Gingie’s whole face goes red and hot. Sage looked at her a kindness in her eyes. Why did she have to be so cute?? Gingie thought. Why do I have to have a possible crush on my closest friend? “Sage honey! Its time to go!” Nora called. “Coming Mama!” Sage called. Gingie wondered how she was being so cool about everything. Sage...was cool.... cool is...cool.... Sage is so cool..... Gingie! Snap out of it! She thought to herself. Stop swooning over Sage! She hoped it would be easy to do. Chapter 6 Gingie laid in her bed overthinking. She had had a plan to journal that night, but it was too late. Now, she couldn’t stop think of when Sage leaned over and kissed her. Finally, she gave up and reached under her bed for her journal. She leaned over and turned on her bedside lamp. Instead of mustering words, she doodled a picture of Sage. She made it into a diagram and labeled her drawing. Pretty eyes, nice skin, beautiful clothes. Gingie wondered if she really did have a crush on Sage. She didn’t WANT to, she just did. She wanted to just stay friends with her, but she guessed it was inevitable. She looked at the finished picture and started blushing vigorously. Ugh. She would tell Sage tomorrow that she needed more time to think on it. Even though she practically knew the answer.
+2
Replies 7

Please Log In or Sign Up to comment on this thread.